Sid and the Pig

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

2 weeks and forging forward!!


It is hard to believe but the twins are 2 weeks old today. News from the neo-natal unit is that the boys may be able to come home at the end of the week, 6 weeks before their due date!

I will be staying over at the hospital tomorrow and Thursday night and if I can prove that I am capable of looking after the boys for 48 hours straight then they will allow them to come home. While this is wonderful news, it is also quite scary and I can only hope that it all works out quite well.

In terms of development the boys are really moving at lightning speed. They are both latching to the breast like champs and I am feeding them exclusively during the day (and will be breast feeding at night while I'm staying at the hospital). Although best for them, this is proving to be quite exhausting so I have also started introducing a bottle although I continue to express milk so that we don't have to move them over to formula to soon.

All in all the whole experience has been a lot less traumatic than we expected, I guess we were definately the lucky ones.

Happy 2-week birthday boys! Mum and dad love you loads!

Love
Y'ma

1 Comments:

At 10:28 am, Blogger Brennan Babb said...

I was reading rory's blog and saw pictures of twins, I just thought I would put my 2 c in. They look awesome. My wife gave birth to twin boys on Jan 3, they are almost 6 months and I can tell you it gets a whole lot easier. They were born at 37 weeks, and luckily no need for neo-natal. Trenton and Zane were born at 2.6 and 2.2 kilos.
photos
there are some photos of the birth and up until now.

hope all goes well.

- Brennan
eel@wan.to

 

Post a Comment

<< Home